A Warm Welcome to All New Families!
Transitioning your Preschooler into our program is a big change, and there is a lot of information to take in. To help smooth this process we have added this section to provide you with basic information about our program. We are here to help your child succeed!
If you have not done so already, please view the "Parent Information" slides below. This will give you a brief overview of what to expect (and what will be expected of you!) in our program. There is also a PDF link of the slides for easier viewing.
Please feel free to click through the links in the sidebar to familiarize yourself with other aspects of our program, including staff contacts, announcements, calendar.
If you have specific questions about your child or your child's class, please contact your child's teacher.
If you have requested transportation, please allow 5 to 10 school days for it to begin. In the meantime, you may choose to wait to start preschool with us until transportation begins, OR you may transport your child to and from school until the transportation starts. You will be contacted directly by the district office and/or the transportation company, to tell you the exact pick up and/or drop off times for your child.
If you would like to request transportation services, or make a change to your current transportation service:
Please contact Rose Rodriguez at the District office: 626-451-5415
Please have the following information ready:
- The address for pick-up and drop-off
- The days of the week your child will be riding the bus.
- The contact info for the person(s) who will be putting your child on the bus and taking them off
The Request for Transportation
form linked below can be used to organize your information. You may also use it to e-mail
a request to Rosie Rodriguez.
Meals at school?
The Preschool classes do not participate in the school breakfast or lunch program. We do have snack time during our school day. These snacks are donated by our generous parents (that's you!). You may choose to send your child to school with their own snack, however most of our parents find it more convenient to donate snacks in bulk to the class. We are always happy to receive donations of: Fruit juice (100% juice/ real fruit juice); goldfish crackers; pretzels; napkins; 3oz size cups; applesauce; fruit cups; granola bars; animal crackers; etc.
- Backpack (at least 10in.Wx12in.H) Even if your child seems very small, if the backpack is light enough they will be able to carry it the short distance from the playground to the dismissal gate.
- Change of clothing This must include: top, bottom, underwear, socks, and shoes. If your child is currently being toilet-trained, please include at least two changes of bottoms (pants, shorts, skirt/dress) and underwear. If your child is not yet toilet-trained, please provide diapers or training underwear as necessary, and baby wipes.
- Healthy Snack (including a drink) Suggestions for healthy snack are: crackers, fruit, vegetables, or cheese. You are also encouraged to pack foods that you would like your child to eat at home.
- ParentSquare Daily Health Screening Completed!
A note about "comfort items"...
While we understand that some of our students may have an extraordinarily difficult time departing for school without a certain "comfort item" (e.g. toy, blanket, or other item from home), please be advised that any comfort item that is brought to school is subject to other students' curiosity. READ: Toys brought from home have a high probability of getting lost or taken by another student. If your child continues to have a difficult time, please contact your child's teacher and we will work with you to either come up with a plan regarding the comfort item, or provide an alternative transition item. Thank you for your cooperation!
The San Gabriel Unified School District uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare:
- Receive messages from the school via email, text or app notification
- Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once at 6pm daily
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Comment on school postings to engage in your school community
- Direct message teachers, staff and other parents
- Participate in group messages
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences with smart online technology
- Send payments, sign forms & permission slips, receive report cards, sign up to volunteer and more all from your phone or web portal
Parent Information Night Slide Show
Check out this slideshow for detailed information presented at our Parent Information Night at the beginning of the school year. **Optimal viewing on desktop/laptop.